Rules and regulations
The AJD Industry Days @ AJB DOC” is accepting documentary projects in Pre-Production and rough-cut stages from April 1st until June 30th, 2022.
*Only for SEE, Caucasus and MENA Filmmakers or Docs focused on SEE, Caucasus and MENA countries*
About AJD Industry Days:
It is an international event intended to support the expansion of documentaries worldwide, including international co-productions. It provides SEE, Caucasus and MENA documentary filmmakers the opportunity to network with decision-makers from Balkans and abroad to help secure funding for SEE, Caucasus and MENA documentaries' production and support their broadcast, distribution, screening, and sales worldwide.
Event will be divided into:
Main pitch projects: 10 projects
Rough-Cut projects: 10 projects
Balkan Stars Projects: 10 projects
All applied projects will be eligible for the Main pitch and Rough-cut panel.
For the Balkan star pitch, AJD Industry Days will accept and present projects up to 30 minutes and in all phases of development.
The selected filmmakers for main pitch and Balkan stars will be requested to pitch their projects in 7 mins including max 3 mins trailer and other 7mins for Q&A.
The selected filmmakers for rough-cut pitch will be requested to pitch their projects in 25 mins including max 20 mins rough-cut and other 5mins for Q&A.
Scope of Entries:
Accepts proposals for new documentaries aiming for international co-production. As a basic rule, proposed projects should be at a pre-production or rough-cut stages.
Entries of one-off films or series on any valid topic are accepted, including current affairs, social issues, history, art and culture.
- Applicants must be a filmmaker belonging to a production company or an independent filmmaker.
- These filmmakers need preferably to reside in SEE, Caucasus and MENA, or propose projects related to SEE, Caucasus and MENA.
- Independent filmmakers need to attach their past work history and a letter of recommendation.
- Filmmakers belonging to broadcasting stations should apply in cooperation with their production companies.
- To submit your project, fill out the online application form with required details released by the end of March on the website.
- Applications by email or post will not be accepted.
- Entries without all of the necessary information, entries exceeding the word count, and entries without the required photographic data will also not be accepted.
- Please submit your entry in Arabic, English and Balkans languages.
Submission Deadline: June 30th, 2022 (CET Time)
The Selection Committee will choose the proposed projects. The committee includes members of AJD & AJBDOC and oversees producers. The most important measure is “a high-quality documentary and whether the documentary is “a project appropriate for realization through international co-production.”
The selection committee will evaluate the projects based on the selection criteria above.
Successful applicants will be informed by the end of July 2022.
Notification Date: End of July, 2022
Fees: free of charge.
To read more about the Rules & Regulations and fill the Entry Form please follow the next link:
AJD Industry Days @ AJB DOC will take place in Sarajevo in 10th – 12th September 2022